Wednesday, January 16, 2013

The Next Big Thing!




Welcome to the NEXT BIG THING Blog Hop!

What is a blog hop?  It’s a way for readers to discover new authors. I hope you'll find new-to-you authors whose works you enjoy. On this stop on the blog hop, you'll find a bit of information about me and one of my books along with links to five other authors you can explore.

My gratitude to fellow author, Adrienne deWolfe, for inviting me to participate in this event. You can click the following links to learn more about Adrienne and her books.


In this blog hop, my fellow authors and I, in our respective blogs, have answered 10 questions about our current book or work-in-progress. We've also included some behind-the-scenes information about how and why we write what we write--the characters, inspirations, plotting and other choices we make.

Please feel free to comment and share your thoughts and questions. Here is my Next Big Thing!



1. What is the  title of your book?  The title is Special Offers, the first book in the Coursodon DImension Series

2. Where did the idea come from for the series?  
I had just purchased my full-priced Kindle when I saw Amazon was selling less expensive versions that came with “special offers.”  I thought what if the Kindles were cheaper because they came with some fiendish spirit?  Originally, I imagined something like a havoc - wreaking poltergeist, but that quickly changed into the annoying, yet ingratiating Sebastian Kess.  

The first book - Special Offers - introduces Hailey Parrish, a 30 year-old divorcee who milks chinchilla for a living and hadn't had a date in three years.  She only wanted an eBook reader because her collection of paperbacks threatened to take over her small living space.  Little did she know that the "special offers" that prompted her purchase included much more than just a reduced price in exchange for a few ads.  The device came pre-loaded with the essence of Sebastian Kess, an erudite womanizer with magical abilities from a parallel dimension. When she inadvertently releases him and he inhabits her body, she finally has a man inside her, just not in the way she imagined.  Hailey must come to grips with the existence of Coursodon, the parallel dimension, and the realization that magical non-humans walk the world all while dealing with Sebastian's annoying banter in her head.  Her predicament also introduces her to another supernatural, the handsome could-be-the-man-of-her-dreams Alex Sunderland.  The action moves from Hailey's hometown of Tucson, Arizona to New Hampshire and across Europe as she and Alex try to return Sebastian to his own body while staying one step ahead of the criminals that want to keep him right where he is.

3.  What is the genre of your book?  It’s Urban Fantasy/Paranormal with some romance and an occasional steamy scene or two.  I think it’s a little difficult to place the series completely in a specific genre—it has aspects of the paranormal, fantasy and a lot of humor.

4. Which actors would you choose to play your characters in a movie rendition?  Yikes!  That’s tough. I think every reader should determine what characters look like based on their own imagination and I am a little hesitant to influence anyone with my ideas.  However, if I had to pick actors to bring the characters to life on the big screen I’d choose Mila Kunis for Hailey, Alexander Skarsgard for Alex and John Stamos for Sebastian.  But none of them are exactly what I picture for the characters.

5. What is the one-sentence synopsis of your series?  It’s about a woman who is possessed by a supernatural being from another dimension who was previously trapped in her Kindle eBook reader.

6. Is your book self-published, published by an independent publisher, or represented by an agency?  All my books are self-published.

7. How long did it take you to write the first draft of your manuscript?  Each book has taken about six months from start to finish.  Unfortunately, I have to split my writing time with my day job, so it takes longer than it might if I could focus only on the writing.  I try to write something, even if it is just a paragraph, every day.

8. What other books would you compare this story to within your genre?  People have compared my work to Rose Pressey’s, probably because of the humor.  But I don’t think there are any books quite like this series.


9. Who or what inspired you to write this book?  I've always made up stories and I finally decided to free up some space in my brain by letting some of them out and writing them down.

10. What else about your book might pique the reader’s interest?  This is the best review quote I've ever received:

"Do you enjoy romance with a paranormal twist with a splash of humor that will make you snort Pepsi out of your nose if you take a drink at the wrong moment? Then this book is for you."

My writing made someone snort a beverage out their nose!!


~~~~****~~~~~

Below you will find authors who will be joining me virtually, via blog, next Wednesday. Please be sure to bookmark their sites, and add them to your calendars for updates on their upcoming books! Happy Writing and Reading!

1. Thianna D  Author of Erotic Romance
2. Christine Steendam Romance Author
3. Amber Lea Easton  Mysteries/Thrillers
4. Andrea Goodson  Author of Romantic Suspence

2 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for tagging me! Your books look so interesting and, although I don't actually enjoy snorting Pepsi out of my nose, I can definitely appreciate a book that causes that to happen! :) I am looking forward to reading your work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for including me in the hop :) Your book sounds hilarious! And if any character at all resembles Alexander Skarsgard I'm in. lol

    ReplyDelete