Tuesday, April 3, 2012

To Ad or not to ad...that is the question...


I just placed my first ad for Special Offers.  I’m not completely sure it was the right thing to do, but it only cost around $40 for a month of being seen along the left sidebar of “The Romance Reviews”.  It will be interesting to see if I get any additional sales as a result, but, of course, that will be difficult to definitively surmise.  Too bad the selling sites don’t have a box to check when someone buys an ebook that explains where the purchaser heard about the book.  It would help the site, too; they could see if people are just browsing their site or if they read a blog, or some review.  But without this kind of information, I will only be able to speculate what might have caused any upswing in sales.  Of course, there may be NO upswing, in which case, there’s no need to ponder the why’s and what ifs.  Although I will be able to say that it doesn’t make sense to advertise there again.

No comments:

Post a Comment